Thursday, March 26, 2009

ALL SIGNATURES COMPLETE!!

Praise God that every paper has been signed and the assignment papers are in our hands - AJ has been assigned to our family!! We have signed our acceptance (didn't have to think about that one too hard!) and Doug drove it to the state capitol to be authenticated yesterday morning (at 4 am!!) As long as there aren't any errors from the state, our acceptance should be on its way to El Salvador this afternoon. From there it goes back to the same adoption office it just came from (deep breath) for the file to be "prepared for the court", whatever that means. In a few weeks it should be presented to the courts and the court will issue us a date within a month or so of receiving the file for us to come. If all goes well, we are looking at JUNE!!

It's a weird place we're in - so very thankful and so very relieved, but truly and totally emotionally and physically exhausted. Please pray for God to restore our minds, hearts and bodies as we prepare for the next part of all of this....bringing our daughter home! :)

More later, for now it is time to rest...

Thank you for all of your prayers and love - what a blessing to have been held so tightly by the hand of the Father and surrounded so securely by the body of Christ these past 10 weeks. We love you!

6 comments:

~R said...

Haha ~ shoulda known to check here first..I was puzzled when I saw your F/B announcement. I am so happy for you all and Grateful to God for this giant accomplishment. We'll still keep this bathed in prayer till your AJ is finally safe in your arms!!
With much love ~ R

Petrin Family said...

Praising God with you!! We are so thankful for all He has done on behalf of AJ. Can't wait until you are on your way....

Rest up Mama to 5, you are gonna need it:)

Love you all,
Petrins

Madeleine Vrona said...

Praise God!!!! I can't wait to mmet Ana Julia.

Love,
Mad

Lori :) said...

What are you exhausted for??!! :) hee,hee. JUST TEASING! I am SOOOOOO HAPPY for you guys! Woo-Hoo!!! What a weight lifted off your mind!! Yeah!!! AJ IS COMING HOME!!!!!! I can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God!! For He is so good!! We are so very thrilled and relieved for your family and will continue to pray until we know that your sweet girl is safely home.

Warren Baldwin said...

Congratulations. I just found your site through comments you made on "The Journey," which I have just started following. May God bless your home.
Warren
Minister, Ulysses, KS
Family Fountain: http://warrenbaldwin.blogspot.com/