Saturday, April 25, 2009

Update and a Prayer Request

The question we get a lot right now is whether we've heard anything regarding our court date and when we can travel to bring AJ home. Our acceptance was filed back with the office for adoptions in ES just prior to their week long Easter holiday. It has to go back to Procurador's office and everything in our file has to be certified and he has to sign off on it ONE MORE TIME!!! I didn't know this before, but trust that he is as ready to be done dealing with us as anyone and will not hesitate to sign what he has already approved. Our attorney expects the completed file to be ready by sometime the first week of May. After that, he will file a petition with the courts, and we will be issued a court date somewhere between 30 and 60 days from the time he files the petition. In short, we are still hoping for late June or early July at this point. :)

While there is much to be done and prayers for dates and finances and logistics to all work out, there is one prayer request at the top of our list right now. The same week that things began to turn around with AJ's assignment, I injured my back while cleaning out Hope's closet to get it ready to share. I assumed this was a muscle injury and went to the doctor, got some medicine and then tried a chiropractor for three weeks. It eventually became clear that I am dealing with something a little more significant and I had an MRI done a few weeks ago. I was blessed to be referred through a friend's friend to a good back doctor, but have had to wait several weeks to get in to see him. My appointment is this upcoming Thursday. Please pray for this man to have God's wisdom and for God to provide a clear cut answer to this problem. I have to be honest - based on the kind of pain I'm in and what I am reading on the MRI report, I have been discouraged. It has been a battle to stay in a place of peace while I lay on the couch. :)

I so want to honor God and bring Him glory while I walk this earth. Though I can't understand why this would be a good time for me to be completely out of commisssion, I trust that the Lord has a plan. He has always been faithful and I know that He has not abandoned us to figure out how in the world we are ever going to get me down to ES to adopt the little girl He has miraculously released or how we can add another child to our family when I can't even hold the ones I have or make their lunch! :)

Please pray with us for God's provision in this and for peace and grace to wait on Him for His answer.

No comments: